Updated: Jan 6
Sukhasana, easy pose, simple cross legged pose, is one of the older asanas, found in ancient texts dating over 2000 years ago. I encourage you to play around with sitting on a blanket or putting blocks under your knees if this doesn't feel that easy.
1. Sit on a blanket or a block. Extend your legs in front of your body and then cross your legs in front of you at the shins.
2. Knees are wide, place each foot beneath the opposite knee.
3. Place your hands where feel comfortable.
4. Balance your weight evenly across your ischeal tuberocities.
5. Reach up the the very crown of your head while grounding and anchoring through the tail. Align your head, neck, and spine. Lengthen your spine. Roll your shoulders up back and down.
6. Switch legs. Take 2nd side.